Hybrid / London, UK
Director, Business Development
Walr is looking for a Director of Business Development to support the continued exponential growth of the Walr business via the Walr platform proposition. The role will focus on delivering net new incremental revenues to the business across the Walr platform proposition.
The successful candidate with be at the front end of Walr’s commercial activity, generating awareness of our developing platform proposition, creating new leads at the top of the sales funnel and taking responsibility for their successful conversion to established accounts. This role is ideal for someone who is passionate about the commercialization of data platform products within the market research industry and with a desire to lead by example in a start-up organization.
- Have primary responsibility within the business to generate net new leads in line with our business strategy and support their journey through the sales funnel to established accounts within the business.
- Alongside the CEO, CCO and other senior commercial professionals be a key contributor to Walr’s prospecting strategy, identifying prospects, implementing effective conversion strategies and leading by example to deliver on them for the business
- As the voice of the customer, be a core contributor to the Walr platform value proposition, inputting into the creation of sales messaging and collateral to support lead conversion
- Take the lead on significant new customer engagements, ensuring that for any lead converted we maximize revenue opportunity until it is ready for full ownership by the strategic accounts team.
- Report back to the business in a clear and accurate fashion on sales pipelines, activity and forecasting to support our ability to manage growth.
- A strong track record of driving growth in commercial organizations through net new lead generation, conversion and share of wallet maximization
- Good knowledge of market research disciplines with specific experience of selling custom market research, data, sample and research platforms
- Knowledge of and interest in the future of the market research industry and its adoption of new technologies
- A strong presence and experience with engaging senior stakeholders
- Confident with data and explaining the impact of that data to support decision-making
- Capable of leading on the immediate needs of the business within the context of our long-term strategic vision
- Able to demonstrate a strong track record of delivery on sales plans and associated target
Desired Skills & Attributes
- Tenacious: A dyed in the wool commercial professional who lives for the sale and achieving targets
- Welcomes a challenge: Able to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment
- Attention to detail: Dedication to precision and pride in applying a meticulous approach to sales process and commercial reporting
- Continuous learner: Eager to learn new technologies and frameworks
- Team player attitude: We work as a team, and expect this candidate to demonstrate deep commercial knowledge balanced by high emotional intelligence, enabling him/her to compromise when needed, motivate others and accept and learn from feedback
- Problem solver by nature: Ability to identify and anticipate issues, quickly adapting to solution
- Strong communication skills: Business level English comprehension and ability to communicate clearly, in writing and orally, with any teammate or key stakeholder regardless of technical background
Here’s what else you can expect while working at Walr:
- Casual Dress
- Quarterly Team Strategic Planning
- Team Lunch or Takeaway
- Pension Match
Flexibility & Time Off Benefits:
- 25 Days Paid Vacation
- Remote Work Optionality
Professional Development Benefits:
- Access to Learning & Development Fund
- Promote from Within
Any questions about working at Walr?
How do I apply?
What does the application process look like?
Is Walr an in-office, hybrid, or remote-first culture?
If offered the role, what does the onboarding process entail?
What should I do if I’m interested in Walr, but don’t see an open role that suits my skillset?