Hybrid / Remote / UK
WALR is looking for a Manager, IT. This is a brand-new role for our company which adds an extra layer of excitement and challenge to the responsibilities.
The ideal candidate will possess amazing drive, a can-do/will-do attitude, innovation, love of technology, leading edge thinking, and outrageous enthusiasm. He/She must have the motivation and ability to make a hugely positive impact on our company in this exciting new role.
- Design and implement state-of-the-art enterprise information systems supporting the business unit leaders in conjunction with the CIO.
- With the CIO, manage the overall direction of the company’s technology through strategic planning and evaluation and best practices for users.
- Build strong partnerships with IT stakeholders, both internal and external.
- Coordinate with People Operations to ensure new and existing employees have access to appropriate hardware and software tools based on in-office / remote work designations.
- Act as main point of contact to manage and resolve IT tickets for current employees.
- Identify and implement a flexible technical architecture to manage 100% per year growth for the upcoming three years.
- Propose new and emerging technologies to support the necessary changes required to reach the company’s business goals, needs, and objectives.
- Oversee IT business plans, strategic direction, standards for ISO27001 and Risk Mitigation planning.
- Ensure a robust security and disaster recovery program for the company.
- Accountable for the completion of all assigned cyber security activity and associated reporting within defined operational standards and agreed performance targets.
- Accountable for the delivery and management of all technical Cyber Security activities across the organisation, based upon internal/client requirements and industry best practice.
- Responsible for identifying, monitoring and managing Cyber threats to WALR by ensuring appropriate technical measures are in place, regularly monitored and tested.
- Accountable for the delivery and management of Cyber Security projects (or the Cyber Security components of non-Cyber projects) across the organisation, based upon internal/client requirements and industry best practice.
- Accountable for ensuring cyber security operations (including, but not limited to, vulnerability management and remediation, SIEM, security logging and alerting, phishing exercises, penetration testing, and IDAM) are managed effectively and within tolerance. Production of regular and ad hoc reporting to meet both internal and external requirements.
- Contribute to the cyber security strategy of the business change programme, including supporting/assuring the delivery of cyber security requirements in line with internal policy, client requirements and industry standards and good practice
- 3-5 years of experience in an IT position, preferably for professional services firm and/or a Tech firm.
- Bachelor’s degree required. Master’s degree a plus.
- Knowledge of ISO27001 principles is desirable.
Desired Skills & Attributes
- Leadership partnering with business leaders in all business functions (HR, Finance, Sales, Operations)
- Translating product requirements into actionable and supporting technology roadmaps
- Delivering modern, integrated, innovative digital employee experiences using cloud-based applications via agile methodologies
- Successful history of implementing a distributed IT infrastructure
- Effectively managed multiple complex technology projects simultaneously from inception to completion
- Exceptional attention to detail and outstanding organization skills
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Professional proficiency with key (SaaS) software solutions
- Enthusiasm, motivation, perseverance, and responsiveness
- Working collaboratively in a fast-moving, team environment, slicing through ambiguity and
Here’s what else you can expect while working at Walr:
- Casual Dress
- Quarterly Team Strategic Planning
- Team Lunch or Takeaway
- Pension Match
Flexibility & Time Off Benefits:
- 25 Days Paid Vacation
- Remote Work Optionality
Professional Development Benefits:
- Access to Learning & Development Fund
- Promote from Within
Any questions about working at walr?
How do I apply?
What does the application process look like?
Is Walr an in-office, hybrid, or remote-first culture?
If offered the role, what does the onboarding process entail?
What should I do if I’m interested in Walr, but don’t see an open role that suits my skillset?
Senior Project Manager
Operations & Delivery | Anywhere, US | RemoteSenior Project Manager
Senior Project Manager
Operations & Delivery | London, UK | HybridSenior Project Manager
People Operations | London, UK | Hybrid or RemoteRecruiter
People Operations | London, UK | HybridExecutive Assistant
People Operations Manager
People Operations | London, UK | HybridPeople Operations Manager
Senior Software Engineer
Tech | Malmo, Sweden | HybridSenior Software Engineer