Hybrid / Malmo, Sweden
Senior Software Engineer
Walr is looking for a Senior Software Engineer. This role is ideal for someone who loves to build amazing software that runs on planet scale infrastructure, wants to be part of our core development team, and is eager to work in a fast-paced tech company together with great colleagues.
The role demands comfort with ambiguity as no two days are alike. Tasks will vary, including jumping in as a solution architect in strategic projects, guiding and supporting our development teams, and following our standards and guidelines for creating secure and scalable solutions.
The right candidate will have a positive mindset, be committed to the success of all coworkers and will take the initiative to push our company and products forward with a passion for software development, technology, and solving complex problems.
Our front and backend teams work in an agile environment using an MVP (Minimum Viable Product) approach with a Kanban methodology. Core skills of the team includes Cloud/Azure, React/Redux, Cosmos DB, C#, .NET Core, Serverless – all in a fully distributed architecture.
- Work closely with the Tech Lead to drive engineering best practices and create a fully distributed system at scale
- Enable the development team by coaching, removing roadblocks, clarifying priorities, and working with relevant stakeholders
- Produce both detailed technical work and high-level architectural designs, serving as a pragmatic visionary who can translate business needs into workable technology solutions
- Play an active role in the technology choices used by the team and ensure sure our code holds the highest quality and security
- Inspire the development teams to uncover opportunities for them to advance their careers and use the freedom to grow, through great role modelling, thoughtful and balanced feedback and strong management skills
- Extensive experience in similar roles building technically complex products and architectures (7+ years is desired)
- Understand software design patterns and how to best apply them, and demonstrate familiarity with the latest front-end and back-end development frameworks
- Comfort in working in an agile environment
- Demonstrates a product engineering mindset, with a keen focus on speed, value and quality
- Experience with DevOps, setting up and working with CI/CD pipelines, and infrastructure as code
- Coding and systems expertise including: .NET Core, C#, Azure cloud architecture, serverless architecture, expert level API skills, Cosmos DB
- Proven track record of leading engineering teams delivering successful SaaS solutions, including requirements analysis, design, peer review, prototyping, build and release, quality processes, automation, task estimation, security, availability, redundancy, instrumentation, maintenance, and support
Desired Skills & Attributes
- Attention to detail: Dedication to precision and pride in applying a meticulous approach to coding and documentation
- Continuous learner: Eager to learn new technologies and frameworks
- Team player attitude: We work as a team, and expect this candidate to demonstrate deep technical knowledge balanced by high emotional intelligence, enabling him/her to compromise when needed, motivate others and accept and learn from feedback
- Problem solver by nature: Ability to identify and anticipate issues, quickly adapting to solution
- Strong communication skills: Business level English comprehension and ability to communicate clearly, in writing and orally, with any teammate or key stakeholder regardless of technical background
Here’s what else you can expect while working at Walr:
- Casual Dress
- Quarterly Team Strategic Planning
- Team Lunch or Takeaway
- Pension Match
Flexibility & Time Off Benefits:
- 30 Days Paid Vacation
- Remote Work Optionality
Professional Development Benefits:
- Access to Learning & Development Fund
- Promote from Within
Health & Wellbeing Benefits:
- Wellness allowance, a non-taxable annual offering that can be utilized toward gym memberships and other wellness amenities
Any questions about working at walr?
How do I apply?
What does the application process look like?
Is Walr an in-office, hybrid, or remote-first culture?
If offered the role, what does the onboarding process entail?
What should I do if I’m interested in Walr, but don’t see an open role that suits my skillset?
People Operations | London, UK | HybridIT Manager
Senior Project Manager
Operations & Delivery | Anywhere, US | RemoteSenior Project Manager
Senior Project Manager
Operations & Delivery | London, UK | HybridSenior Project Manager
People Operations | London, UK | Hybrid or RemoteRecruiter
People Operations | London, UK | HybridExecutive Assistant
People Operations Manager
People Operations | London, UK | HybridPeople Operations Manager