Remote / India
Walr is looking for a Survey Programmer or Senior Survey Programmer. This role is ideal for someone who loves to work with accuracy and to train, coach and develop the team while be responsible for the team project delivery. Also, they are expected to act as an ambassador for the business both internally and externally. We need someone with great technical expertise to deal with complex surveys.
- Support our clients in Walr technology products
- Effectively ‘package’ and manage the information cascade to senior leadership, identifying clear outcome
- Programming online questionnaires based on material provided by clients, this includes survey scripting, quotas, translations and reporting
- Working collaboratively with the Project Manager to deliver the project that meet the client’s needs, on time, and within our quality standards
- Being consultative: proactively suggesting improvements to the survey design, flow and where appropriate suggesting different options to tackle various challenges
- Delivering good quality work which was tested and checked
- Managing multiple projects at the same time, ensuring all deadlines are met
- Collaborating as a strong team member
- Assisting others when workloads require
- Train and help Junior Team members
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience using a survey programming platform: Decipher (preferred), Confirmit, or any other platform
- Good technical skills using one (or more) survey platform
- Very good English language communication skills – both verbal and written
- Open to work on any new survey platform
- Open to share experience and train other team members in the team
- Any server-side language /technology would be a plus
Desired Skills & Attributes
- Consultative attitude
- Ability to prioritize and coordinate multiple projects
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to commit to occasional extended work hours when required to reach goals
- Attention to detail: Dedication to precision and pride in applying a meticulous approach to coding and documentation
- Continuous learner: Eager to learn new technologies and frameworks
- Team player attitude: We work as a team, and expect this candidate to demonstrate deep technical knowledge balanced by high emotional intelligence, enabling him/her to compromise when needed, motivate others and accept and learn from feedback
- Problem solver by nature: Ability to identify and anticipate issues, quickly adapting to solution
- Strong communication skills: Business level English comprehension and ability to communicate clearly, in writing and orally, with any teammate or key stakeholder regardless of technical background
- Education to Degree level in Computer Science or a related field.
Here’s what else you can expect while working at Walr:
- Casual Dress
- Monthly Team Lunch
- Pension Match
Flexibility & Time Off Benefits:
- 30 Days Paid Vacation
- Remote Work Optionality
Professional Development Benefits:
- Access to Learning & Development Fund
- Promote from Within
Any questions about working at Walr?
How do I apply?
What does the application process look like?
Is Walr an in-office, hybrid, or remote-first culture?
If offered the role, what does the onboarding process entail?
What should I do if I’m interested in Walr, but don’t see an open role that suits my skillset?