Hybrid / London, UK
Senior Project Manager
At WALR, the role of the Senior Project Manager is instrumental in the planning, execution, and delivery of Sample Only and Full-Service Projects to our clients. Ideal candidate is someone who loves to take ownership, work directly with clients and likes to feel empowered to make decisions that result in high levels of client satisfaction.
- Manage, coordinate and oversee, both internally and externally, and take full ownership and responsibility of all elements of high complexity projects
- Independently lead management of projects end to end; kick off, fieldwork management, quality control, internal and external parties’ liaison, through to data delivery to client
- Ensuring client project needs are met, if not exceeded
- Demonstrate strong knowledge and understanding of questionnaire design, logic and the general data collection cycle enabling you to provide consultancy to clients
- Manage multiple workloads and priorities successfully, by planning and prioritizing projects, working well under pressure, and taking full ownership of own projects
- Liaise successfully and coordinate with internal teams/external partners to plan and deliver timely and efficiently.
- Ensure high quality project delivery within adherence of applicable standards
- Can adapt to shifting priorities, demands and timelines through analytical and problem-solving capabilities
- Control project budgets with view to maximise profitability, without compromising quality, and process invoices within a timely fashion.
- Support, delegate to and train other team members
- Able to support clients in Walr technology products
- Providing bidding support and recommendations to the account management team
- Completing, adhering to, and maintaining required company processes
- Able to proactively flag potential challenges and provide suggestive solutions
- Knows when to escalate challenges to line manager, in a timely fashion
- Demonstrate and represent a good understanding of Walr and the services it operates.
- Ideally at 3-5 years of experience in either research agency and/or panel/sample business
- Experience in online quantitative data collection
- Proven track record of project management in similar environment
- Highly strategic and consultative individual with an innate curiosity and passion for the new and the ability to explore additional research opportunities with client simultaneously
- Experience working with global clients within fast-moving sector/s
- Sample, Research Services and Software experience as well as managing the research project lifecycle
- Confident communicator with clients via all channels; F2F/telephone/email
- Proficiency in basic computer software/tools, i.e. MS Office
- Good working knowledge of SPSS
- Excellent project management, communication, and administrative skills
- Technical Acumen.
Desired Skills & Attributes
- Self-Awareness: Demonstrates an honest understanding of one’s strengths and weaknesses, leveraging them to relate better to colleagues and contribute to a positive working environment. Self-awareness asks that one adopts a can-do attitude, embraces and learns from failure and seeks feedback for continual improvement.
- Strong Communication: A effective communicator, both written and verbally. Able to communicate technical terms in commonly understood language using concise, clear and appropriate language. Takes care to structure ideas clearly and persuasively.
- Time Management: Takes a methodical approach to daily work and is able to break down complex tasks into manageable segments. Remains flexible to re-prioritize to-dos based on level of importance and readily identifies possible stumbling blocks and proposes solutions.
- Client Relationship Management: Committed to customer excellence by responding to queries promptly, offering as much information as possible and providing products and services that customers value.
- Professional Maturity: WALR embraces diversity of experiences, backgrounds and thoughts. Professional maturity will be demonstrated in one’s ability to consistently show respect for and incorporate various points of view, to consistently practice good business manners and self-regulate actions, reactions and behaviors appropriately in the workplace.
- Teamwork/Team Building: At WALR, we work and celebrate as a team. The ability to build and nurture strong interpersonal relationships, within and outside of WALR, is critical.
- Comfort with Ambiguity: In this fast-paced start-up, no two days are alike and change is a constant. This person must show comfort in ambiguity and the ability to make the more appropriate decision based on logical reasoning and careful analysis of the data-at-hand.
- Commercial Mindset: You take a macro-view to your work and understand how your role contributes to the bottom line of the business. You have informed opinions on factors that affect its profitability or market share, and you understand its competitors and customers.
Here’s what else you can expect while working at Walr:
- Casual Dress
- Quarterly Team Strategic Planning
- Team Lunch or Takeaway
- Pension Match
Flexibility & Time Off Benefits:
- 25 Days Paid Vacation
- Remote Work Optionality
Professional Development Benefits:
- Access to Learning & Development Fund
- Promote from Within
Any questions about working at walr?
How do I apply?
What does the application process look like?
Is Walr an in-office, hybrid, or remote-first culture?
If offered the role, what does the onboarding process entail?
What should I do if I’m interested in Walr, but don’t see an open role that suits my skillset?